7:10 PM

It Needs A Stronger Warning!

So, I emailed & asked Dyson how to clean my Dyson Animal Ball vacuum. The holes were getting clogged & the suction seemed to be diminishing. Yes, I clean the cleaning tool. Yes, I clean my vacuum. For the price of these things though, they should self-clean! However, I get an email back:


Hello,

Thank you for your question. You are able to do some cleaning to the clear bin and the cyclone. You can remove the clear bin from the cyclone piece and with a damp cloth wipe the inside of the clear bin down. The cyclone piece you can take an air compressor (if available) or a can of the compressed air that they sell for cleaning key boards and spray out all of the little holes on the outside and inside the cyclones. Please make sure that you do this in a well ventilated area as there will be a lot of fine dust that will come out of the cyclone piece. If you have any questions about cleaning these pieces please call our help line at 1-866-MY-DYSON. The Dyson helpline is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 8pm Central time. We are open weekends also Saturday from 9am to 3pm and Sunday from 10am to 2pm Central time.

Kind Regards,

However, this email should have came with a much bigger & stronger warning than that I need to be in a well ventilated area. Thank God I was outside when I did this project. Clouds of dust came pouring out with each spray from that compressed air! Clouds. As in you can't see through them! Dust particles came out in chunks! I needed a mask & some goggles! That is what they should have said! They also have added..."Beware. The canister is prone to coming off the cyclone when the top filter is out & open & the bottom is open!" I panicked thinking I broke the thing. Reassembly can be tricky, but I am just happy that they hard plastic canister didn't break on the concrete when it fell off.

I am so happy to have my Dyson back! It sucks so good!

0 comments: